We’ve heard the basics of marketing to potential clients. When we start our business journey, we’re taught to uncover and target pain points, and as great as this is, it can only get you so far. Uncovering and owning your brand story and messaging is a powerful way to set yourself apart from other businesses or brands.
Today’s guest Jennifer Spivak is the CEO of an all-female Facebook and Instagram advertising agency called the ad girls. In today’s episode, Jennifer shares a powerful story and so many tips on how you can own your brand story to be the standout person in your space and industry today. We also have some little side tangents for y’all on marketing, personal branding, and Facebook ads.
In this episode, we cover…
- The power of personal branding
- The four messaging buckets to discover and define your brand story
- Owning your story no matter what it is
- Turning shame into power
- Tips to effectively incorporate your brand story into your marketing
“If you were your business coach, right, and you are marketing to your audience’s pain points. Aren’t 1000 other business coaches also using those same pain points in their message? I’m not saying don’t use it; I’m saying that that by itself is not enough to actually stand out in a consistently more crowded marketplace that will never be getting less crowded, only more crowded.”
“Many years ago when I first started talking about my story, it wasn’t like okay, I’m going to weave this into my brand story. It was like, I’m at the point in my healing process where I have to talk about this. I was doing everything I had to for myself and it almost naturally became this story that’s so beautifully woven together.
“It’s not like a competition to have this big story or something. It’s so much about just uncovering yours, whatever it is, and like owning it.”
Connect with Jennifer Spivak
The AdGIRLS Agency
The AdGirls Facebook
Thanks for listening, and if you like what you’ve heard, feel free to share this episode with your friends! There are so many amazing women waiting to discover the Laptop Lifestyle, and I’d love you to help me spread the word.
Don’t forget to screenshot this episode and share it on your Insta stories to win a free
coaching call with me!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Head over to AmandaKolbye.com for more business tips and resources for the traveling entrepreneurs.
- Subscribe and Listen to The Laptop Lifestyle Podcast
- Review the Laptop Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- The Laptop Lifestyle Bootcamp is opening soon for enrollment! Get on the waitlist right here!
- My NEW YouTube Channel has launched, and you can find the first episode right here.
- Check out The Content Kit Mini-Course to get my foolproof system for creating, storing, and organizing your content so you can stop feeling overwhelmed!
- The Instagram Business Blueprint is a great tool for advanced Instagram marketing and sales if you’re ready to level up your IG game!
- Join the retreat Waitlist
LISTEN TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF THE LAPTOP LIFESTYLE PODCAST!